View Single Post
Old July 27th, 2012, 06:35 PM   #122
Whiskey
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Morgan

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250, 2010 STR 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty nasty View Post
No, my thoughts are well backed through my experiences. If you can't do it on a 250, you can't do it on a SS bike. Why the **** would you want to do long range touring on a SS bike anyways? There are other bikes much better suited toward that duty that will actually provide some level of comfort. People are free to ride whatever they want, but I think to think you NEED something is a bit ridiculous. I say quit being a baby and deal with it.

Like I (well, Jiggles I suppose) said, brain surgeon's going for the janitor's position.
Where did I mention a supersport in my response to you?

A FJR 1300, GS-1200, Tiger 1050, VFR 800, even a bloody honda dullville700 are all over your limit and as such are absurd... every one of them is more suited to touring than any 299cc bike.

So yes you sound like a complete fcukin idiot.

Go ride a few more bikes, take one across the country & see how a sub 300cc bike compares to a 750+ cc sports tourer or adventure bike for that.

I've taken my ninja across 3 countries in 2 days, done a few weekends where I clocked over a thousand miles of backroad & a few days where I did 13 hours on the bike. >300cc is not a luxury for that sort of riding.

BTW I know a few people who have toured europe on bikes including RC51s (V-twin superbike) CBR600s & a 636. I wouldn't say no to using a CBR600f4i (or maybe an 05 model R6) to go across england, take the tunnel to france (bike goes on a train for that bit) & down towards the black forest in Germany & possibly Switzerland.

Both are older supersports & both are comfortable enough to go for a good spin
Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote