Thread: R6 vs Ninja 250
View Single Post
Old July 28th, 2012, 09:21 AM   #62
BlackNinja8
ninjette.org guru

Name: NJ

Motorcycle(s): 2011 250R (Sold); 2012 Vulcan 900; 2009 Harley Iron 883; 2004 SV650s; and a bunch of others over the years...

Robert, kudos to you for having thick skin. Guys, you gotta remember this kid is 15! No offense intented Robert, but you couldn't possibly know how you come across to adults with worlds more experience. Imagine for a moment that you are a grown man in you 20s or 30s who has a 250 and has been riding the hell out of it. Then a 15 year old kid who has the bike for a month, has crashed it, has never gone over 70mph, doesn't drive more than 5mph over speed limit, is scared to go on the highway, etc. etc., posts a topic telling you that their bike - the same one that you have - is boring and slow.

That's the source of the hate you are getting and justifiably so IMO even though you didn't have any ill intentions when started that thread. But like I said, at 15 you don't know what you don't know. My wife who has never played baseball and is completely unathletic, told me the other day she is "good at baseball" because we were having a catch and she was able to actually catch a few. You have done the motorcycling equivalent unintentionally I believe.

Congrats on your R6 and take your time. Take the advice of people with experience it's free. You have gotten a lot of feedback to your threads and looking through the flame throwing, you should be able to see a common theme.
BlackNinja8 is offline   Reply With Quote