View Single Post
Old August 3rd, 2012, 10:56 PM   #25
aShifty
ninjette.org member

Name: Armin

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
Its not so much a fact of getting your first crash "out of the way" and suddenly being safe. All riders go down at some point, that's how it works. Going down once doesn't mean you won't go down again.

BUT, it looks like you're learning from this one though, so keep at it!!! The best riders are the ones who learn from every mistake they make and apply it. Good luck and stay safe. You're only allowed one post in this section of the forums
Posted via Mobile Device
Your right. i am aware it could happen again and am still kind of scared at "target fixation". i went on another cruise tonight and im building the confidence back up. looking through turns that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurk View Post
I guess I should have said "practice" instead of learn.. but then again it's not something you can learn on paper or from youtube alone. I'm still learning technique and I have 10 track days under my belt. it's nothing to be egotistical about.

I had 100's of laps before my fast lowside crash on buttonwillow raceway. "I knew technique" back then so what happened?? I took that turn many times and I was fine. What happened that time?

See where I'm getting at? Just cause you "did it before" doesn't mean you're ready for it next time (well you know that by now).

In any case, good luck. Not trying to be an a$$ here I just know what overconfidence does to people.
What did happen that time?

yeah i know what your saying and i agree with you. Thanks for the advice man. Really set me back down on earth. btw. u got a r6. i love u.

What do you guys say is the best way to practice? just go out on some twisties and keep practicing?
aShifty is offline   Reply With Quote