View Single Post
Old August 4th, 2012, 12:33 PM   #15
headshrink
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250r, '14 CBR500r

It's too bad the OEM rotors are so $$$. If they weren't so pricey I would have stuck with OEM instead of all the headaches the aftermarket rotors have been. If anyone else has had good luck with EBC since they fixed their tooling issues, please let us know. I really want to like them, and was very pleased with the service I got from Andy (EBC owner), but after a couple false starts had to stick with the tried and true, since my bike is the only way I can get to work.

To be honest, I'm actually going back to OEM pads next time too... they are actually HH, so really no need to upgrade, unless you get into some of the really finer points of racing pads, etc.

I have a SS line on the front brake, but honestly feel no difference with that.... but who knows, it has been so long since I rand the rubber line, and can't switch back and forth to compare... braking is adequate, but I feel it should be just a touch better. My very first pad change was to the Galfer HH (all other stock parts at the time), and I FELT like I had more confident braking, but after all the changes since haven't felt that way since. It is possible that I had a false impression as to how it felt because I was comparing a new pad to a worn pad..... that and the psychological effect of expecting better performance. I can't remember the last time I've had a tire lock-up, but I suppose age and 32K+ miles experience could account for that.

I'm really rambling today.... sorry if I 7500 the thread.
headshrink is offline   Reply With Quote