Thread: Turning
View Single Post
Old August 5th, 2012, 11:36 AM   #20
Yakaru
The Violet Vixen

Name: Yakaru

Motorcycle(s): Perigee (250), Hotaru (250), Saturn (300), Pearl (300), Zero (S1000RR), Chibi (Z125), Xellos ('18 HP4R)

MOTM - Jun '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by userjh160 View Post
I thought the video showed someone who doesn't understand the physics of countersteering and hopefully understand it a bit more. I have been able to enjoy my rides alot more since I have learned how to do it properly. I have had gusty days and continued with countersteering with confidence again!!! Anyone that has not practiced this or thinking they don't need to (like I did) is really putting themselves in danger as well as other riders. I could have easily caused a 2 car accident when I was blown off the road by a strong gust of wind. My 2 cents, practice, practice, practice till you feel comfortable with yourself and your bike.
thumbs up to this, I recommend getting the 'Twist of the Wrist" DVD as well, it really helps. But I maintain that the usefulness of technique videos/suggestions/etc. is VASTLY diminished until you've done it yourself at least once. I watched a BOATLOAD of videos on this, got some hints out of it, rode for the first time, and now rewatching them is a whole new experience.
Yakaru is offline   Reply With Quote