Old August 6th, 2012, 03:02 PM   #116
miss_syn
my hair matches my bike

Name: Tiffany

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Red 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by akima View Post
The good and the bad:
* fairings - i prefer how my ninjette looks. The new ninjette looks a bit angry and angsty... like it has confidence issues so it has to walk roll around with a moody face. The 2008+ ninjette looks kinda defiant and confident but still bubbly and smooth enough to feel warm and friendly. The pre2008 ninjettes... well... @choneofakind puts it best: it hit quite a few branches on the way down from the ugly tree, BUT, it's got character and it's lovely! I'd take a pre2008 ninjette over a 2011-CBR250R -- in terms of looks -- any day of the week.
* seat cowl - THAT looks awesome!
* digital gauge - I prefer my analogue gauge
* integrated turn signals - I love them!... but not enough to make me want to get a new ninjette. the after market ones you can get for my bike all look a bit crude IMO
* rubber washers around the engine to reduce vibration - seriously? so little has changed that one of your selling points are rubber washers! also - I like the vibrations from my ninjette!
* different wheel style - like Jiggles said: it looks rubbish!
* IRC TYRES AGAIN!!! - Imagine how much nicer the stock ninjette would be if it simply had a pair of DRII tyres on instead!
* FI - that's not a new feature for me. I'm glad to have it. I'm not interested in playing around with carbs
* "Exhaust is gay" - not how I would put it, but I agree with Jiggles sentiment.
* heavier - boooo!
* ABS - Yey! I'd absolutely love to have that on my ninjette. If it's possible I might try and buy the 2013 ninjette ABS parts and get them installed on my 2011 ninjette.
* ergonomically designed tank - if it really does make it easier to hold your weight off the tank, then that's a good decision
* I'm not certain, but looking at the photos it looks like the kickstand mount might be removable. I've heard about frequent track-riders in here sawing their stand-mount off to stop it hitting the ground on tight corners. If Kawi have made it unscrewable, then that makes it much more convenient to run a dual-use ninjette (track and road).
* stock rear hugger - Great that they added it, but it's hardly a selling point. They're only like £30 to buy for the 2008+ ninjette.

Comparing the 2013 ninjette with my 2011, the only green item listed of any substance is the ABS. Everything else seems quite superficial.

Attachment 20068
I feel pretty much the same way.

The only thing that I would really like is the fuel injection for better mpg.... but DANG, that thing is UUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYY

Just my personal opinion. If you like it, cool.
miss_syn is offline   Reply With Quote