Thread: Ninja Race Prep
View Single Post
Old August 7th, 2012, 11:49 PM   #247
psych0hans
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Hansveer

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r - Track whore, Ninja 300 - SOLD, KTM RC390 - Orange Hulk, Ducati 899 Panigale - Red Devil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijitz View Post
The info is all in post #186

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showt...&postcount=186

You need 06-09 gsxr 600 shock and spring from 03-04 gsxr 1000 with collars/spacers. (or custom spring from racetech). You will also need Steve's linkages to compensate the height drop. Since i cannot use aftermarket linkages in my production race class, i ditched the gsxr shock for RPM 2-way shock [stock ride height] from Taiwan (sold by @samw - SportisiMotorSport).

fyi - As several folks from India asked me about the 250 build, i asked PerformanceMotorcycleStore at Bombay to talk to Sportisi & RPM but they did not seem to be interested.
Thanks for the reply Abhijit. I honestly wouldn't be looking at this mod, if I had the 360$ + shipping to shell out for the aftermarket shock. From what I understood from other DIYs is that it really isn't all that complicated, and you can use the stock GSXR spring... I really had no idea about the additional Spring/collars/spacers etc... I will get Steve's linkages though, makes sense to do so.