Thread: Ninja Race Prep
View Single Post
Old August 8th, 2012, 08:50 AM   #248
abhijitz
ninjette.org sage

Name: Abhijit

Motorcycle(s): Many Two Wheels ..

If you buy Racetech spring matched to your weight, you will not need the additional spacers/collars. If you re-use 03-04 gsxr 1000 spring, you will need it.

It is very easy to do. A change from Steve's method I did was, reuse the top eyelet from the stock shock as i did not like thinning the material on the gsxr shock. But, then disadvantage is, you damage your stock shock (no biggie - you can buy the OEM top eyelet for 11 bucks)

Now, keep in mind, all this spring discussion is based on weight. I weigh 172lb now and gsxr 600 spring was too hard on me. I dont know your weight so you may be good with the stock spring (who knows).

Most important, if you are planning on racing, do check with your local club if they allow modification to the linkages in their respective production class.

This is a great mod at budget price if done right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psych0hans View Post
Thanks for the reply Abhijit. I honestly wouldn't be looking at this mod, if I had the 360$ + shipping to shell out for the aftermarket shock. From what I understood from other DIYs is that it really isn't all that complicated, and you can use the stock GSXR spring... I really had no idea about the additional Spring/collars/spacers etc... I will get Steve's linkages though, makes sense to do so.
[ex-AFM #828 | SMUSA #828 |
Sponsors : MotionPro | LeoVince | Insurrection Racing Gloves | QstarZ Laptimers
+ OEM Parts @ 30-40% OFF : Harry @ 1-877-437-1631,17 harry@hondaeasttoledo.com
abhijitz is offline   Reply With Quote