Old August 9th, 2012, 09:18 AM   #18
rojoracing53
Fast-Guy wannabe

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja250, 2011 RM-Z250, 2004 NSR50,

MOTM - Jan '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
yes, that's what we've concluded; the launch is a huge part of it, just like with any car/bike. Does that make it useless to compare 0-60 times in cars as well? No, because it quantifies what the vehicle is capable of for comparison purposes. Its also a good way to have a friendly competition that everyone can take part in and learn from while having a little fun on their ninjette.

Its no more pointless to compare acceleration to 60 than it is to raise your gearing so far that you're running twisties in 1st or 2nd. We just have a different idea of what we want from the bike that's all. If I was doing longer distances on the highway, I would be running 15/43 instead of 15/45 to keep the rpms lower to haul comfortably at 75. But I don't, so I have some fun with acceleration and enjoy my bike the way it is.
Posted via Mobile Device
I'm not dissing the comparison of 0-60 times with any seriousness that's just my sense of humor
As far a the importance of launching, just thinking about it makes me smile because I can't help but think back to when we'd show up to regional race event(AFM, WSMC, WERA) and there'd be guys taking the holeshot from the fifth row.

Not to ignore the original topic but when I bought my bike the guy had be running a 14-42 with 104 links and it was all the way to the front of the swingarm slots. I can't wait to wear out this current chain and get back to 106 with a bit of adjustability.
rojoracing53 is offline   Reply With Quote