View Single Post
Old August 9th, 2012, 04:21 PM   #10
GvilleMike
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): none yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by flynjay View Post
If you have a relatively short commute <10 min. You are going to have a problem with the battery not fully charging by the time you get there. If you plan on an out-of-the way return trip that is >30 min that should be enough to keep the batt charged. Also, since g-ville is a college town bike theft is rampant. The uglier pre-gen is less of a theft magnet.

Ninja 250 is well suited for a low speed commute. 20 mph is 2nd or 3rd. Is quite and smooth.
I should mention that I have a garage at home and my office at work is a corner that overlooks the entire parking lot and the only in/out entrance to the property. Parking at school would be the only worry. It would also be in the middle of the day(don't know much about bike theft and when it's most common). The bike parking is a pretty crowded/visible area - but who knows maybe that will make a thief blend in.

I do worry about the battery though. On the days that I take the bike to school/work - its a 13-17 drive to work in traffic in the morning, 2 equally long trips in the middle of the day to school and then back to work, then the same 13-17 commute home. Will the battery be an issue, and if so, is there some type of device I can buy to remedy this?

Thanks for the input everyone. You've convinced me that the ninja will be just fine around town, so I'm going to make the leap. Now it only remains to be seen if I will find a new-gen for 3k or better.
GvilleMike is offline   Reply With Quote