View Single Post
Old August 15th, 2012, 01:18 PM   #35
Gurk
Done here.

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
I know you can carry some kick a** speed riding however you want but if this was 100% true for every pace, then why hang off in the first place? It's for sure NOT as comfortable as just tucking.

At some point, to keep confidence in traction a rider will have to adjust their position on the bike to combat lean angle for the new faster pace.
Mick Doohan was plenty fast

You still HAVE TO do some of the stuff. Hanging off for example is very necessary to lower center of gravity. Not hanging off WILL cause your tires to give up at some speeds and some lean angles.

I think crossed shoulders are frowned upon cause people think that everybody who rides crossed up lifts themselves up with their arms. This is certainly not true. In many cases I found out forcing myself to not cross up leads me into using arms more and I can't control the bike as I want to. Everybody uses their body differently.

Granted I'm still working on it. I might find a way to not be crossed up and use my legs only. For now I found a position I'm relaxed at, at my speed. We'll see how things will change with more speed every time out.

I think my priority right now is the ultra sharp upper back pain I get in the exact same spot. Like right below my neck. It starts after 3-4 sessions and gets worse and worse after each session until I can't even lift my head up anymore..
Gurk is offline   Reply With Quote