View Single Post
Old May 7th, 2009, 07:14 PM   #1
Techno250
bikeless n00b

Name: Woody

Motorcycle(s): None yet. My dream machine is a BLUE 250R.

Question Finding a good dealership to buy from (Atlanta)

Last week I decided to start checking out local dealerships. I went and checked out one near where I work. It was a small dealership, and as I walked in a I was greeted by an older Japanese lady. The sales lady (younger Japanese lady) was on the phone with her internet people apparently, and I wandered around. Right on the modest showroom floor was a black 09 250, sticker $3,999. She was put on hold, and we talked a bit. She was very nice, and said it would be no prob to get in a blue 250, all I had to do was put down a $500 deposit (which I understand is standard procedure, right?). The rest of the dealership seemed kinda minimal, very little in the way of gear and helmets. I did notice that they appear to have a parts dept/service dept in the back when one of the techs came up front. Also, the shop looked like it hadn't changed since 1982. Not that that's a bad thing.

Today I went to the dealership near the house. It's really nice looking, awesome showroom, tons of bikes (but not a single 250), lots of helmets and gear, looks like a big shop in the back. I was greeted by the sales staff when I walked in, and they let me wander around a while. I checked out the gear, played with some helmets (wow, they are so light!), and looked at the bikes they did have. The salesman came over and teased me about wandering around then we talked about making a purchase. I right off told him that I wasn't buying today, but he was very helpful. He did tell me though, that Kawasaki had raised the list price by $500 to $4499 for the 09 250s. I kept my poker face, but thought his pricing was interesting. (If I'm correct, the list on the 08 was $3499, and the 09 is $3999, right?) They do also have a special on gear if you purchase with the bike (employee price), and can roll the gear purchase into your financing. He also was able to refer me to a local insurance agent as well.

So here's my quandry so far: The smaller, more modest shop had a better price, but the nicer, bigger shop was $500 higher in price. I got good feelings from both, except for the fudging on the list price from the big shop, and the lack of gear at the small shop.

So, what do y'all think? Should I keep looking around for other dealerships? How do these two places sound to you?

Last futzed with by Techno250; May 9th, 2009 at 01:07 PM.
Techno250 is offline   Reply With Quote