View Single Post
Old August 19th, 2012, 08:35 PM   #7
edxmon
ninjette.org guru

Name: Ed

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250R (SOLD - 2/16/2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
98's are the stock size in the newgen bikes.

You should be able to get away with just a pair of 100 and a pair of 102 main jets. I've had great results with using washers and jets instead of a full jet kit. Saves too much money in my mind.

If you find someone with a similar setup, start there. Play around till it's right. That will likely save you time and get you close.

No need to feel retarded. You'll like the full system once it's jetted no worries about squabbles; that's just how people work. I squabble a lot if you hadn't noticed
When you say getting away with just jets, you mean I shouldn't even get the aftermarket needles? Because I think I saw a link to some place that sells just needles for a few bucks each, that would in fact save me a few bucks!

EDIT: interesting, the dynojet kit comes with different needles, but 2 out of 4 of the jets are smaller than stock. It comes with 94, 96, 98, 100. I'm assuming the bigger the needle number the larger the flow, why would any one need jets smaller than stock?

Doh! nvm, apparently stock 98 does not mean DynoJet 98