View Single Post
Old August 23rd, 2012, 09:33 PM   #45
jaesun
ninjette.org member

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ducati Monster 796, 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (sold), and 1985 Kawasaki GPZ900R (multiple winter project)

I picked up what I thought would be a simple project. Learning the hard way. But it'll be worth it. Learning a lot. I'll probably pick up another project but not anytime soon.

I sort of regret not waiting a week after I saw a 2006 being sold by Cycles of Silver Spring. It came inspected and ready to ride. They advertised on CL.

Two of the local auctions I've gone to have been Capital Auto Auction in Temple Hills and Premier Auto Auction in Laurel. I might go back in the winter when it's less likely that someone will bid for a quick flip.

I went to a Montgomery County Police Auction, and it's depressing the wrecked bikes that the insurance companies won't pick up. But you should probably stay away from police auctions anyway since they'll be marked with salvage titles. And it's doubtful that any bike that's impounded, towed, or "collected" from an accident scene will be in good condition.

There's a specific powersports auction in Edgewood. Their next auction is on September 11.
jaesun is offline   Reply With Quote