Old August 26th, 2012, 03:17 PM   #64
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
What do you mean? Basically what I did was made sure I entered turns a little slower than I normally do, stayed steady on the throttle and leaned off the bike. I noticed when my head and shoulders were sticking off my leg wanted to come out too so I just let it to where it felt natural

Now here's the other thing, I don't think I can really improve much more on the streets. Whenever I'm in a turn I start thinking, there could be a car stopped or even a slow car or some other road hazard and it freaks me out and I slow down. I'll go fast in a group ride because there's people in front of me and I'll get some warning if there is a hazard like that. But alone, I just don't like taking the risk
I totally get that. I'm the same way, maybe just less extreme because I haven't had an accident like you.

I mean like not chopping the throttle to keep the front end from getting dropped, then using knee to knee if you slide your butt off instead of transferring movement to the bars when you use your hands to slide. And then getting your head looking further through the turn than you think is ever necessary, and relaxing your hands and arms so they're almost floppy and all your outside hand is holding onto the bars by is like your thumb and 2 fingers; the rest is just floppy there so you don't get stiff on the bars. And making smooth lines without mid-turn changes, and not turning in right away when you start looking through your turn until you're out wider and can see more. That kind of stuff you can practice at a safe speed.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote