View Single Post
Old September 11th, 2012, 09:39 PM   #23
Monkeytofu
I told you bro

Name: Noor

Motorcycle(s): 1996 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surferboy120 View Post
Hey guys my first posting here since joining. I have recently joined because I am very excited about the 300 Ninja and I have already signed up to get the first one here at my dealership. I have been riding most my life until the past 5 years in which I have been messing around and restored an old 78 XL100 Honda enduro for my son. We did it as a family project. Point is I am excited to get back on a sport bike but was not eager to jump into a 600 or more so the 300 fits the bill nicely since all out speed is not my desire and running smooth corners is.

As I understand it the 300 uses the same 62mm bore size as the 250 but uses a longer rod as well as using a 7.8mm-longer stroke combined with shorter, lighter connecting rods to keep engine height identical to the 250.

This means a bigbore kit is not out of the question for those with enough interest. For my own needs I think I will enjoy wrapping some track plastic on it and doing a number of laps down memory lane again. I cant wait.

I look forward to learning and sharing information on this board. It seems to be the place for small liter Kawasaki fans.
Well now you're basically obligated to do an extensive review once you get the bike
Monkeytofu is offline   Reply With Quote