View Single Post
Old September 13th, 2012, 01:10 PM   #293
beren
ninjette.org member

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by folky15 View Post
There are so many things wrong with the logic here that I don't even know where to start.
That's because you can't find any flaws in the logic to point out.

Quote:
For many people, I would think that drawing more attention to themselves is a side-benefit to having louder exhaust.
Which does NOT fall under the case you quoted, now does it? Straw man argument. You quoted something I said a "rebutted" by arguing something different than what I said. Whose logic is wrong?

Quote:
Most probably just like the sound/power of aftermarket mufflers, and the fact that more people will notice them is another perk to making the modification.
Which I allowed for as being an acceptable matter of personal taste.

Quote:
Nobody is saying that spending $400 on a new muffler is the most cost-efficient way to be safe on a motorcycle.
Which bolsters my case. If it was REALLY about saving lives, peopel would look to more effective methods.

Quote:
But to compare it to weaving in and out of traffic to gain cagers' attention is pretty silly. Weaving like that does gain attention, but it also highly increases the likelihood that you'll crash, etc. Loud pipes don't increase the danger around you, and if anything, they decrease it.
They can do active harm to you and those around you.

Quote:
Listen, it's one thing if you think louder pipes are annoying and should be illegal, etc. But to argue that they can't make you even a little bit safer just doesn't make sense.
I see you missed my ENTIRE first point about what the true question was. Well done. It is almost like you only skimmed my post looking for things to disagree with, which, ironically, is one of the fallacies I pointed out in the part you didn't read.