View Single Post
Old September 13th, 2012, 10:35 PM   #10
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by azn370z View Post
Everything I say is just my opinion. But for most shoppers the difference between a 250 and 300 is not as great as say a 250 and 600. People that buy a 600 or 1000 are most likely buying their 2nd maybe 3rd bike. They have experienced what they like and don't like. Most people that buy a 250 are getting their first bike. So they are not an experienced enthusiast. And this is just my opinion but most shoppers do not study and research before buying their first bike, unlike members on this forum.

I am aware about weight savings as my tire and wheel package weighs less than my oem forged wheels. See, you and I research and know a lot of detail. I wouldn't say that about most shoppers that go into the dealerships.
The cbr250 is a single, it has like 21rwhp or something like that, the ninja 300 will have about 31rwhp essentially being 50% more powerful. Is that not a significant difference? Is 50% more power not worth $600 more? Because a lot of people go ahead and spend $300 on an exhaust can that does jack ****, and if they have room in the budget for that it will be very easy to convince them into a ninja 300
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote