Thread: ? any ideas ?
View Single Post
Old September 19th, 2012, 06:10 AM   #1
vman1313
ninjette.org sage

Name: Tony

Motorcycle(s): '14 Honda NC700X; '14 Honda CRF250L; '07 Lifan 200

? any ideas ?

So I was riding to work today. My stock 2007 Ninja had sat for a few days cause it has been raining around here. She turned on normal and warmed up with half choke as I normally do but for a little longer than usual because it was cooler this morning then it has been (56 degrees). After about 5 miles of riding I stopped at a light. The light turned green and after I got into 6th gear all of a sudden she wouldn't go. She didn't turn off but when I would twist the wrist she would RPM down to 0. When Id let go, the RPMS would raise back up and she would gear brake so the gears seemed to be engaged (if that makes sense). I down shifted all the way down from 6 to 1 making sure each gear was engaging and when I stopped she finally turned off. When I tried to turn her back on she wouldn't crank. After sitting for a minute she would crank but only with choke on like 3/4. If I turned down or off the choke, she died. I coasted down a bit to a lighted church parking lot. I sat there for a minute while I called someone to come get me. After I got off the phone I tried turning her on and she came on with no choke or anything. I quickly jumped on and rode up to the gas station which was another 5 miles up the road. My odometer read 195 and I usually put gas in at 225 but I went ahead and filled her up. After filling up, she turned on just fine again and I made it all the way to work with out any problems. Any ideas of what could have caused it or if I have a problem I need to address.

Any ideas or thoughts on the subject would be greatly appreciated...THANKS!

www.northgariders.com
NuBe4Life!!!
vman1313 is offline   Reply With Quote