View Single Post
Old September 19th, 2012, 09:55 AM   #137
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timr View Post
compleatly agree that they are used for creating brand loyalty for when people upgrade to bigger bikes but i think the are a big money maker because acording to the same reference kawasaki sold 4882 bikes in the same time period. that 25% of their total sales.

i personally think a large conrtibutor to this is also with fuel prices constantly rising and new laws that have made it stupid hard to get a car licence young people are just getting bikes instead. we also have whats called the "L.A.M.S." (learner aproved motorcycle scheme) rule for bikes here which restricts what bikes people can ride on their learner and provisional licence. the lams scheme restricts people to a 250 with the exception of the rgv250, rs250 and other race replica 2 stroke 250's anthing over that has to be aproved by the government. if they dont then sales will take a Huge dive dive here to almost nothing... man i hope not just.

i am agreeing that its a great little thing but i think it might be harder for it here in aus compared to other bikes.

i also agree that without these rules in other countries that this will massively change the % world wide but still its a big hole. also
The AUS Ninja 300 promo videos specifically say that it complies with "new" LAMS rules. Ride on!
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote