View Single Post
Old September 26th, 2012, 10:39 AM   #1
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
Gauging interest for a MD to PA weekend ride, next summer.

So I came up with this idea, hear me out.

I am originally from PA (west central, altoona, johnstown) and am quite familiar with the roads up and around there and there are some great mountain roads for riding. Just got my bike but i can't wait to get it up there and ride.

That being said, my family has a nice "cabin" = (really nice hunting house in the woods) that is available to me as long as no one else has it booked. I have had lots of parties out there in the past, and it comfortably sleeps 7 people. More if you factor in the floor but i guess that might not be comfortable either.

Thinking it would be fun to gather up a few MD riders interested in riding up to the cabin on a friday, or Saturday morning ~ 2hr 15 min from Frederick, MD (Will take back roads when available) there are some good ones to stay off 70 for a little bit. Get to the cabin, settle in and use it as base camp for doing some riding in PA. Do some crusing, come back relax, eat, then go back out and hit the pavement. Then ride back to MD Late Sunday some time. I also have a few dirtbikes and ATV's at the cabin we can dick around on as well to get some off road action in if people are interested in that.

Thinking a small group would be great probably 10 people at most and if more than 3 people are interested not counting myself i think it would be a go.

Thinking summer time as it will give time for all the grit PA puts down in the winter to get brushed off the road, it gets pretty bad and sketchy in the spring they know how to make a mess in the winter.

You would be in charge of your bike ect... and whatever you want to eat and drink will be your only expenses.

P.S. we can shoot guns too if that interests anyone?

Seems kind of early to plan this but again, just gauging interest, would have been nice to get it scheduled for Oct this year but i am busy till Nov and by then it might be a little chilly

Let me know
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote