View Single Post
Old September 27th, 2012, 06:32 PM   #30
TBC
ninjette.org guru

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): 2004 Ninja 250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty nasty View Post
A garage? Yeah, I wish I had one of those. All I've got is 2' wide concrete sidewalk in my back yard surrounded by grass to work on my bike.
It's not so much the garage as it is the tools in the garage . Hard to wrench on the bike without a wrench.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty nasty View Post
Quit making excuses. They're your brakes. And no, $120 isn't a little bit of cash and I regularly do 50+ hours of work a week. I can't afford to have a shop to work on my bike, so I do it. Pick up a manual and learn. Half assin it is why we have so many wadded up motorcycles in the world.
Who said I was going to a shop? That's the price for new lines...

But believe me, I do get your point. Fact of the matter is that the brakes work well enough that I feel confident in their ability to stop the bike. At the moment I have neither the time nor the money to invest in making them stop the bike even better than they do currently. There is about a month left in the good riding season, and over the winter I hope to find some more time to wrench and upgrade various parts of the bike. But until then, I'm going to simply have to live with the brakes being good enough to do their job.
TBC is offline   Reply With Quote