View Single Post
Old May 15th, 2009, 08:13 AM   #373
SpyderGirl
3 for street, 2 for dirt

Name: Katlyn

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Can Am Spyder PE #1344 / 2009 Kawi KLX140L Monster Energy / 2009 Kawi Ninja 250R (RIP 8.23.09)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTyke View Post
Yeah but you make up for it with the roads...
This is true, but getting to those roads can sometimes be a headache. On our Sunday ride we had to get on the freeway twice and both times traffic was at a dead stop. Thank goodness we can split lanes here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojameyo View Post
Yeah thats the truth. There is traffic just to run to the store... HATE it.. Takes you 45 min to get anywhere
Yeah, it's ridiculous! I had to learn the backroads from Pittsburg to Antioch so just I could avoid most of the nightmare that is highway 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paterick4o8 View Post
then you should be even more glad you don't live in SoCal

I <3 The Bay tho
I've sat in bumper-to-bumper traffic on the 405 at 11PM on a weekend.... and many other times in the past. I know all about SoCal traffic. UGH!! But at least they have 24/7 enforced carpool lanes down there. Carpool time is limited up here and it's not really enforced.

Don't get me wrong though, I love living here but the traffic and all the people is really getting on my nerves. It's not the same as when I moved here nearly 10 years ago. I'm from Indy orignally, so it was quite a culture shock for me.