View Single Post
Old October 1st, 2012, 07:46 AM   #26
Lil_Green_Demon
Winging It In Life

Name: Umar

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R; 2011 250R (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
I've owned the 250 650 and 1000. The 650 is a parallel twin by the way. The 650 has more power than you will ever use and is faster than any car you will ever see on the road. The 650 is comfy but I wanted a bike that was more suited for touring so I got the 1000. The 650s throttle is also a little too twitchy for me which made aggressive riding in the twisties more difficult. The 1000 has a very smooth throttle and more power than you'll know what to do with. I have never needed to take it over 6k rpms and for general cruising I rarely go over 4k. With the 650 I rarely needed to go over 7-8k and for general cruising 5-6k. And to compare it to the 250 I take it to redline everytime or for cruising 9-10k

Compared to the 250 they are both significantly heavier, more stretched out and more comfortable. Nice thing about the 1k is you can be in 4th gear @ 20mph and still have all the torque you need to accelerate quickly, the 650 you'd have to downshift

There are also side cases made specifically for the 1000 which is cool for touring
I think this is the first post I've ever read from you that doesn't reek of trolling. Good job! Keep it up!

Anyway, @eversic, I can't give you any real advice because I've ridden neither of those two bikes, but I just want to say that if I were in your shoes, I'd get the 650. It has more than enough power to suffice while delivering very good gas mileage.
Just my opinion. Whatever you go with, good luck and be safe!
Lil_Green_Demon is offline   Reply With Quote