View Single Post
Old October 1st, 2012, 11:37 AM   #72
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken neck View Post
Out of curiosity, can you switch the speedometer from mph to kmh?
Yes, you can toggle it from mph to kmh. It seems to default to mph, as it kept it as that when I disconnected the battery (which reset the clock).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino74 View Post
What your opinion of the kick stand mount? Do you think a tracked 300 needs to have the mount cut off?
I forgot to look at it closely. I'll take a look when I get a chance today and see if it's similar to the new-gen bikes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnr4 View Post
Quick question for you Alex: what are the deets on the break-in service? How many miles before you do it? Is it just oil change? With the new easy-access oil plug will this be an easy DIY if you grab a few quarts of oil before leaving the dealership?
The maintenance schedule in the owners manual looks identical to the new-gen schedule. The service manual isn't available yet, at least publicly, so it's hard to tell exactly everything that is included and how exactly they plan on doing it for each service. The first service looks to be primarily an oil change and a general check of nuts/bolts/etc. I've seen the same things as posted elsewhere that the new oil filter location/design makes it possible to remove and replace it without even having to remove any bodywork.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabies View Post
video of 2013 ninja 300 abuse requested. k thanx
I'm old-school analog. Or at least old-school digital pictures instead of video.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote