Reddoak
ninjette.org guru

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r - Traded for 2009 ER-6N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddoak View Post
Now, someone mentioned the beloved ER-6N earlier. I have one, I love it, it's better than all of your bikes (unless you have a Z1000 or a Ducati Monster.) This is undisputed, factual, absolute truth.
I dispute it, call it non-factual, and inabsolute. That's the problem with bikes, as the specs sometimes don't translate to either a certain amount of fun, or a certain amount of got-to-buy-it-right-now-someone-try-and-stop-me. It's impossible to measure "better" by any tape measure, dyno, suspension tester, or lap time. ...
LOL, I'll explain:

I have one: True. Dispute it all you want. It's here.
I love it: True. Going to have to trust me on this.
It's better than all your bikes: True. Let me clarify, I am judging by my own personal, highly subjective standards.

Like you said, specs don't translate. I don't "bench race" and say it's better becasue it has XX.XX HP, it's better to me because I like it!

Now the U.S market... not a success at all. Not a hated bike, just an ignored one. I think if they had say.... advertised it, or offered it in more than one color per year.... Might be a different story.

The Ninja 300 will get plenty of advertising, and being an inexpensive bike, I'm sure it will sell well. But as long as Honda offers a less expensive version of the same thing (in a new owner's eyes) Kawi can't hold that percentage of the market that they did. The 250R was already more capable than the CBR, as far as power goes, and people still bought CBRs. Adding more power and features like a slipper clutch that a new rider doesn't recognize... meh. Should have offered a 250r with fuel injection and optional ABS for $500.00 less than the MSRP of the 300.