View Single Post
Old October 2nd, 2012, 06:31 PM   #1
Trailerboy531
Gear crash test dummy

Name: Max

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250 race bike, 2014 ZX-636r

OFFICIAL So. Cal Noobie Track Day - November 9th

So we're just over a month away from the date of the noobie track day. This thread is where we will communicate with each other to work out any gear that's needed, transport, as well as all of the other costs associated with going to the track. As I stated before...

PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE POST BEFORE COMMENTING

Firstly let me establish this so that there is no confusion. Noobie track day is Friday, November 9th at Chuckwalla Valley Raceway

Here's a link to it on google maps: https://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-...ed=0CHMQ_BIwAA

It's 180 miles, approximately a 3 hour drive from Los Angeles.

We will be going to the track with the track organization Trackdaz (www.trackdaz.com) Make sure when signing up, which you should be doing as soon as possible in case it starts selling out soon (see: do it now!) that you have selected to sign up for Friday, November 9th in GROUP C. I mentioned in the other thread that I was able to secure a $20 discount from Dustin at Trackdaz for participants in the noobie day... well, here it is!

The discount code for noobie track day is:

max250BROS

keep in mind that it's case sensitive and sign your butts up!

The idea of the noobie track day is to have some more experienced riders go out with you in C group and help you with your lines, by watching one another and sharing pointers. We can also help you with body position, video tape you as you ride, and do whatever else you need to become a better track rider and therefore a better rider over all.

Things to bring....
1) Gear. Gear means either a 1-piece leather suit or a 2-piece suit that zips together with a 360 degree zipper.
Full length boots. That means race style boots like the Alpinestars SP-5s, SIDI ST, Dainese Torque Pro, etc. Don't show up in your sneakers!
Gauntlet style gloves. These are gloves that don't stop at your wrist but continue down a few inches on your forearm.
A full face helmet. If you don't have this...slap yourself. I suggest bringing BOTH your clear and dark tinted visors.
HIGHLY ADVISED Get yourself a back protector. One that will go down to the base of your spine and fits in to your suit. Not everybody has one but safety should always be your number one priority and these can play a huge role. Check out sportbiketrackgear.com for back protector options. I like Knox or Dainese protectors.

2) Tires. If you have newish ones already then sweet! If yours are pretty worn or you ever have a moment thinking maybe these wont be safe.... Well I suggest new ones. The tires that I use that I am deeply in love with are the Pirelli Diablo Rosso II tires with a 140 rear. They're super sticky and are great for the track but I wouldn't expect much more than 4-5,000 miles on them. Alternatively I did my first 5 track days on Bridgestone BT-016 and they worked great for me and gave me lots of life. the Bridgestone BT-03rs are also popular choices for a sticky tire.

3) Underarmor. You will sweat and if you don't know already suits are a b*tch and a half to get off on their own. If you have some kind of moisture wicking long sleeve and long pant under armor (or champion brand from Target, Alpinestars, whatever) they will do you a lot of good. I highly suggest these.

4) Clothes. You wont be wearing your suit the whole time - so bring a change of clothes that you can be comfortable in. You will have 40 minutes between sessions on the track and some people like to completely take their suit off. Others like to unzip it and let the top hang at their waist.

5) Gas. Just show up with a full tank and you'll be good all day.

6) Water and food. Bring yourself some snack food! It gets exhausting out there and you need the energy so having water (or gatorade) and something to munch on is a great idea. Granola bars..sandwhich meats...whichever you like. Think about how long you'll be out there and bring enough food to cover yourself.

Here's the hard part...
7) TRANSPORT. If you have a truck, we love you and hope that you can carry two bikes. EVERYONE COMING OUT SHOULD HAVE THEIR OWN TIE DOWNS TO SECURE THEIR BIKE. Cycle gear has them, they're cheap. I've found that a handlebar harness goes a long way in helping to tie down a bike so have your own ties and bar harness.

So.... I'll be tagging everyone that mentioned in the other thread that they are interested in going. Add your name to the list IF YOU HAVE SIGNED UP WITH TRACKDAZ and are going. Please note in your post (with an asterisk * next to your name) if you need help getting your bike out to the track. We can figure out how many people need help and try to work out trucks or maybe getting a rental. If you're going with someone, split gas with them. If they're hauling your bike, offer some gas money to them. Let's all be good people here.
@alex.s @Kevin2109 @Havok @Ambar @infinitethrill @NinjaBoyEddy @Jiggles @KJohnson21 @ManyCavies @Cazper @Gurk @Raider24 @andylawcc @toua70 @massacremasses @Meltoff @flurbadurba @AlanDog @Yakaru @rojoracing53 @Darling Ninja @aigochamaloh

1) Trailerboy531
2)
3)
4)
5)
etc

Last futzed with by Trailerboy531; October 2nd, 2012 at 08:20 PM.
Trailerboy531 is offline   Reply With Quote