View Single Post
Old October 8th, 2012, 04:48 PM   #33
Sonofswin
Old Guy, New Bike

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Blue Ninja 250R, Yamaha SRV250

Quote:
Originally Posted by loz944 View Post
I am looking at getting the pcv and the map switch for my bike my questions are:-

1. could I set a map that is more suitable for town riding ie low -mid torque and lower top speed then switch to a map for more open road riding higher top speed.
Theoretically, yes. Although, I have found (on my bike anyway) that the difference is not all that great. I've ended up trying to map for best power in all ranges. Though I have a map switch installed, it is now an on/off for my AutoTune.

Quote:
2. is the auto tune worth getting
Depends on a lot of things. Do you have affordable dyno tuning available in your area? Is your bike still (mostly) stock, or have you modified the intake/exhaust system.

I think if you have dyno tuning available and/or your bike is stock, then you don't need the Autotune. It turns out that it is a pain in the a$$ to create a map with it. At this point, I'm using it more for guidance than direct mapping.

Quote:
3. does the sensor with the autotune directly replace the original sensor
If you just use the PCV then you will disconnect your stock O2 sensor. It isn't necessary. The AutoTune uses a wide band sensor (replacing the stock narrow band sensor.)