View Single Post
Old October 16th, 2012, 11:59 AM   #1
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Name: Nemesis

Motorcycle(s): All of them

Very proud to have raced against this guy who I call friend!!

Thought I'd share it here too

Came across this while surfing CycleGear's website.

http://gear-garage.com/2012/07/23/sn...-steve-dawson/

Quote:
Name: Steve Dawson
Bikes: Ninja 250 race bike, KLR650 adventure bike, Zero S commuter
Race Results: 2011 CMVA 250SS & Amateur SS Twins Champion, 6 wins, 8 podiums, 250SS lap record holder both directions.
Local Store: Lomita, CA
Favorite Track: Sonoma Raceway (Infineon)
Future Bike: Aprilia RSV4 APRC

Steve never wanted to ride until one of his best friends, Chris Johnson, convinced him to go to MotoGP Laguna Seca during high school, and incessantly pestered Steve to buy a bike and ride with him so they could eventually go race like the professionals. Sadly Steve never got to ride with Chris as an accident on highway 9 in the Santa Cruz mountains took Chris’ life in 2007, but his aspirations and goals live on. Regretting never having been able to spend the time riding with his friend, Steve bought his first bike and after only 3 months of riding shipped it to Italy and spent a few months riding around Europe with his good friend and current fellow racer, John Marquez (CVMA #46). On return they both decided they needed to be racing, and after convincing a third good friend, Andrew Chika (CVMA #826) to come race with them, it was all systems go. In the inaugural CVMA season, Steve and Andrew took a 1-2 podium in the overall 250 supersport championship and look forward to competing with the booming class of quarter-bikes in the 2012 season at CVMA as well as other venues around California and possibly farther! Eventually, in honor of his best friend, Steve will race an AMA race before MotoGP at Laguna Seca and see the venue from the other side of the visor, as Chris would have loved so much to do.
His racing skills are amazing. From first hand experience competing against him, the kid is fearless and picks up on things a lot faster than most. He's helped elevate the 250 class by setting numerous record breaking lap times. Kid's got a great heart too. In our 1st year racing at Chuckwalla, he made an aggressive inside pass on me resulting in contact which caused me to lose control of my motorcycle and crash (which in my eyes to this day was still legit). After refusing medical attention, the ambulance dropped me off in my pit and there Steve was...very apologetic and sincere in making things right by helping me fix my race bike which I never asked or felt he was obligated. He even had tears in his eyes. From that moment on, I knew this kid was a cool kat. And still is.

Steve Dawson, proud of you bro! :2thumbsup

Now, bump the hell outta the 250 class and give the mid packers a chance to win.