Old October 17th, 2012, 11:14 AM   #35
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02337 View Post
So just an update I've tried many different configurations, every main jet, with 0-2 washers on each jet.
What I found works best is 112 main with 2 washers. But I feel like its underpowered at the top end. It was 42 this morning bike fully warmed up and wouldn't budge past 85. Now I've had this bike at 90+ in hotter conditions. I'm about 210 in my cold gear about 205 in normal gear.
The bike just stops pulling, is this due to the pod filters? Or the main jet running too rich? Only reason I'm at the 108 is due to the fact that with every other jet the bike would stutter and break up at part throttle just when the needle started to rise. So I figured having a bigger jet = more fuel coming past te needle the stop he breaking up.

Anytime I put 3 washers under the needles with the 108's or 110's bike would bog incredibly under 4 k and barely move.(maybe my washers were too tall?)

Thoughts? At this moment bike has no stumbles anywhere
Try this thing one variable at a time. Stick 2 washers on for the moment.

Test the main jets. If it feels lacking and mushy with a 112, you're rich. Go down to a 110. Then try a 108. Worry only about how the bike feels at WOT and 7k-rev-limiter.

once you find a main that works, worry about the washers. Try one. Try two. Try 3, try 4. Go to the number that works the best.

You're trying too many things at a time, and in the wrong order
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote