View Single Post
Old October 17th, 2012, 12:21 PM   #13
algs26
ninjette.org guru

Name: al

Motorcycle(s): ex300, gave up looking for a 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by T304L View Post
After completing the local MSF course, I picked up an almost brand new 250R from the first owner almost two weeks ago. Was having a great time getting to know the bike safely, enjoying the open roads, etc over the next few days until I went down about a half mile from my house on the way home the other night.

In a 45 mph speed zone, I slowed to about 30 for a right hand turn onto a 4 lane road. I swung out too far [primarily due to excessive entry speed (for my skill level) and not pressing & leaning hard enough]. Then I fixated on the impending concrete median on the left hand side. Tires were very quickly approaching the gutter.

Panic set in, and I swerved harder to the right (mid-turn) to avoid the median. Banked hard right and death-gripped the throttle. Launched over the concrete curb on the R.H. side of the roadway. (Left the roadway.) The bike became lodged in trees/shrubs immediately and I was ejected. I front flipped over the handle bars and landed a few feet away looking up at the stars.

Attached are a before and after of my machine:
Oh no...

It kinda sounds like you had the right instinct by leaning more (and you didn't lowside). Did you shoot off towards the right curb? What would you have done differently?
algs26 is offline   Reply With Quote