View Single Post
Old October 21st, 2012, 10:04 AM   #21
Scattcatt
ninjette.org sage

Name: Zach

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2003 Honda CBR600RR

@EMSRacer07 I'm starting to get excited to get back out too, I was just really frustrated at first.

Peering down through the spark plug holes it looks like the piston heads are extremely sooty as well.

So does the 1 or 2|T make a difference? I would have thought that a slip from 1 to 2|T would have rotated the pistons 180 degrees without changing the timing of the valves the same amount. Seems like trouble to me, right?

Bought a compression tester so I'll give that a shot once I seal the engine all back up and get fluids in it. Checked over the intake and exhaust sides of the engine and nothing looks abnormal there.

I also checked the wiring on the fuel injection and looked at the throttle body. Everything looks okay but I have not yet tested the injectors while they're spraying (dead battery).

No check engine light, that's something I definitely would have noticed with all of my gauge looking that night when it all happened.

@80MPHdownhill I'm going through everything, I suspect it's engine damage because that's what everyone local here is saying. No one has suggested the fuel spay except on here, so I'm covering it all.

I recently was concerned about a light slapping noise in the engine before the last valve inspection to begin with which I thought may have been the cam chain. If I was right then it could be possible that the cam chain has stretched allowing things to slip around in there. Only reason why I didn't worry about it too much was because I read in a thread somewhere on here that a some other people experience the same thing while the bike is cold and when the engine warms up the sound goes away which was exactly what I was experiencing.

My goal here is just to hit every angle, I don't want to miss something, I've already been down for 2 months and I'm not looking to rush this, skip something, and end up down again. Even if that means I find something that isn't the problem yet but could be in the future.