View Single Post
Old October 21st, 2012, 05:47 PM   #1
ninjette.org member

Name: George

Motorcycle(s): 03 ninja 250

Is there such a thing as too comfy?

So to the point here I've been thinking lately the more I rode the more comfortable I feel. I've been riding for almost 2 months with about 5k miles in that time. I find myself being able to take turns faster and generally more well rounded on the bike. Well is there a point and time where you seasoned riders know you're pushing it too hard before the bike tells you? Is this something that just comes with more time?

Example 45 minutes into my hour work commute there's my favorite turn, advisory speed of 45 speed limit of 55 I used to be scared of the turn and did 45 the whole way, now I find myself coming out at about 75 and entry speed of around 55-60. Nowhere do I feel unsafe or like I'm pushing the bike to its limits.(there's still about 1/2" of chicken strips as most of my commute is straight)

So when do you know consciously or subconsciously to slow it down or take it a little easier?

2nd question, push or pull? When you're counter steering are you more of a pull outside bar or push inside bar? I find myself doing push and pull sometimes, and sometimes just push the inside or pull the outside. Is there a hard fast rule? It feels the same to me so I imagine there's really probably no difference but I don't know any other riders so figured I'd throw it out there!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannndddddd
Discuss!
02337 is offline   Reply With Quote