View Single Post
Old October 30th, 2012, 10:01 PM   #173
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by andylawcc View Post
this is another one from ebay, just in case you want options.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Curt-Class-2...9c3510&vxp=mtr

but it looks like the HitchFinder.com one is cheaper.

Now, not to confuse you anymore - the one from Hitchfinder is a Class One, meaning it can tow up to 2000lb (realistically, that's more than enough for a bike + trailer). The one from ebay is a Class Two, which is up to 3500lb. I don't know if a passenger car should tow anything that high. but the choice is yours. I will just stick with Class One and be done with.

Lastly, you will then need to install one electrical component:
http://www.hitchfinder.com/products/...onverter,51-57
you can do this yourself too.

and yes, you can certainly install the hitch yourself. one word of advice: don't tighten all bolts UNTIL both left and right sides are in place. If the hitch is just slightly bend (due to shipping or manufacturing defect), you will have a nightmare aligning the hole together.
Alright.... Ordered!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailerboy531 View Post
I want to lie and say yes so that he helps you out.. But he could probably only get pics of the front straight and pit area. There are no raised places for him to stand on and see more of the track. So he could get people coming out of the last turn and on to the front straight as well as on to the first turn off the front straight.

That having been said I was at a track day in March in group C where a pretty fantastic crash happened 10 ft in front of me on the front straight. Your dad would have gotten great shots of that! And you can get some cool pictures of guys wheeling coming on to the front straight during the races on saturday and sunday if you choose to stay. Make it a bonding experience!
Well I'm gna just install a trailer hitch on my car, seems like a pretty sensible option. He would have had to take 2 days off work as well and I'm not sure he'd even really have fun if he couldn't get some good shots
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote