Thread: CR Carbs
View Single Post
Old November 16th, 2012, 11:18 AM   #5
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer x View Post
I have never gotten 38 hp . But I use a conservative dyno. I did get 34.

The CR specials are a dream come true. Yes if you whack open the throttle at low RPM they will gasp and you have to let off and smoothly open the throttle . But if you know how to ride. You don't whack the throttle anyhow.

Tuning is super easy. There are a full range of air jets needles main and pilot jets available.

I am not bashing FI it has its place. But there carbs work so well I am hard pressed to change.
I only use the carbs with open stacks. But feel they could be tuned with an air box and beat any other fuel system. The only down side is the choke. The do have a choke but it is mounted on the carb. So that you can't reach it with most fairings. Starting is the only real issue. FI will start all the time if it is tuned properly. Getting a race motor running with a big carb on a winter morning is a test of skill.
You've done some engine work as well right?

Well damn now I have a tough decision, slide carbs or EFI. -_-

And thank you motofool as always for the never ending information
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote