choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
Easier to tune than EFI?
Maybe not easier, just faster. It's taken some learning on my part to get to where I am. I like how the bike's turned out so far, but it's been a fun little tinkering project. If you're looking to just bolt stuff on and go for it, you'll have to consider how much time you want to put into it. I'm not quite far enough to do a dyno yet. It will happen next summer though. I want to get the timing figured out. I think right now the timing is suitable for the newgen, but not as aggressive as the pregen. I want to get the timing to mimic the timing of my '99 that it had from the factory, then I'll re-do the learning time, and get it dyno'd in rich mode to see where I'm really at AFR-wise. Right now, it pulls well, but seems to have a little less oomph above 12k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofool View Post
Could you, Chris, explain us more about the application of EFI to the Ninjette?
On my bike, I didn't write the code. That part was all done by the lovely gents at ecotrons.

I mean it's the same parts that any fuel injection system has. I just find that isolating one variable on a carburetor is much easier because I can take it apart, play with it, change one thing, and physically see what change is made. Maybe it's just my mindset, idk. Once you learn a little about what you're reading with the data you can collect on the efi, it's easy.

I only said that the carbs are cheaper because they're so darn easy to tune, again, because it's easier for me to visualize and think about. ymmv. However, my experience with my dabble into the FI world has been very good. I'm happy with my results so far
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.