View Single Post
Old November 27th, 2012, 09:38 PM   #18
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
For dimensions, check out the ebay listing of the projector I bought. I think this is similar in size to the Morimoto Mini Projector sold by TheRetrofitSource, but I'm not sure because I've never seen a Morimoto Mini in person.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-5-HID-BI-X...#ht_6221wt_952

One thing I should mention and I definitely need to put in my write-up: My tail is raised a good bit and my nose is dropped a little. I also don't weigh a lot, so the rear doesn't sag much. As such, I need to aim the headlight up quite far. I found that I need to aim it up so far that the projector touches the inside of the lens. I adjusted the headlight brackets a little so it would aim higher and that solved my issue. However, most bikes aren't modified like mine is, so you should have no aiming issues with this at all. The solution would be to make a mounting plate that replaces the oem reflector (like what Tri did in his newgen retrofit) that holds the projector back further. I just got lazy and was happy with it as is. If you're wondering what my adjustment method was, it consisted of a little hammer tap on a screw driver to push the bottom bolt hole back a few mm It's still nice and sturdy

I'll be sure to edit my post later on with some of this info. Thanks for getting me thinking on the revisions Hernan.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.