View Single Post
Old November 28th, 2012, 10:59 PM   #28
Fappy
ninjette.org guru

Name: Stephen

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 650R, 2008 Ninja 250R (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beazy411 View Post
As long as your car/truck is new enough to not have a vacuum line cruise control, which held throttle at a set position, cruise keeps the speed w/in a set range unless you have a stick and you have to go up a nasty hill.
Right. Computer-controlled systems are what I'm talking about. And unfortunately my car is stick (Auto-shifting please!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
No reason that any bike that already has an electronic throttle set up shouldn't have this feature onboard already. It's criminal that Ducati has thousands of dollars of electronics on the Multistrada, yet leaves this feature out. BMW has the same electronics across its line, yet it left the feature out on its GS models up until this year, probably because it provides the wrong "image" for a rugged bike like that. Even though the entire powertrain and electronics setup was identical to their other bikes that do include the cruise feature. For 2013, they are finally offering it on the GS, as Triumph put it on their new Explorer adventure bike as a differentiating feature.
I think you're right. I was wondering if there was some safety consideration that was preventing manufacturers from putting it on bikes, but I suspect it's simply a cost, or an "image" issue.
Good to know that some bikes are finally coming with it standard... I looked up some pre-made kits... this website sells kits for specific bikes for around $1000

http://www.mccruise.com/collections/kawasaki

I suspect it wouldn't be rocket science to make your own, if you were electronically inclined enough to create a chip and a servo to hold the throttle, and so forth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofool View Post

Ships, airplanes and locomotives all have throttles that stay in one position without automatic return to idle; ........ but motorcycles..........
It's about time already! Give us electronic cruise!
Fappy is offline   Reply With Quote