View Single Post
Old November 29th, 2012, 12:30 PM   #17
Dustinfools
ninjette.org member

Name: Dustin

Motorcycle(s): 2009 ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post

you see in this photo, it is in the cable holder up top, and the cable is attached to to the linkage, but you can't get the linkage to go down because its not lined up with the pin, so you need to undo the cable holder, slide the cable down so you can rotate the linkage counter clockwise to the point where it will slide down, then rotate it clockwise so it locks into the pin. then put it back on the holder, THEN attach it at the handle bars
I understand that in order to attach it the cable can't be in the holder. I understand how to attach the cable on both ends. I've read the faq. What I don't understand, is why the piece that is in my fingers, even when it is in the exact position that it was when i pulled off my old cable, fails to budge AT ALL. telling me not to force anything further tells me that it is that piece in my fingers not lining up right within the housing. And my question, is how do i get it aligned right. I've shown a light inside the hole, looked around, tried \ different methods, and no matter what i do there is no movement of the piece like it did before I took the old cable off.
Dustinfools is offline   Reply With Quote