View Single Post
Old November 29th, 2012, 11:32 PM   #25
Jono
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jono

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Triumph Street Triple, 2009 KLX250SF, 2003 Suzuki SV650S (Sold), 2006 Ninja 250 (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
...but to play devil's advocate:

The Dunrocks suck. They slide. They don't turn in quickly at all. They don't stay stable mid-lean. They're vague when pushed at all. They generally are good at nothing except keeping the rim off the ground.

now compare that to BT45's, or Diablo scooters. They flick over quickly. They stay planted and stable mid-lean. They don't feel slick. They get up to temp quickly and stay sticky.

If anything, stickier tires show off my problems more, because they allow the bike to follow my every bad input and show me where I'm going wrong, whether that's too much bar input while shifting my weight, or just a bad line in general (I'm guilty of both).

I see what you're saying there. I never experienced the dunrocks. I have BT45s on my ninja and Roadwinners on the KLX. Side note: I don't get why people bad mouth the Roadwinners, they work fine for the street. On neither bike do I have issues with the tires. If the tires were to slip for any reason it would be because of me making a mistake.

But Jiggles has decent tires. DR2's. He doesn't NEED anything with more grip. He is just scared he is going to lowside for some reason.
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote