Old December 4th, 2012, 05:32 AM   #56
Old Guy on a '08
Chris

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): BLACK!!! '08 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
Every day I go to work.

I either take the highway route followed by a nice long jaunt on 55 mph 4-lane wide traffic, or I take the 45 mph curvy back road and follow it up with the same stint on that 55 mph 4-lane wide road through the middle of an absolutely chaotic area.

I can understand the "how often do you really have to go over 100" argument for not buying a 600, but the "how often do you have to go over 45" argument is excessive. How often? Every damn time I ride! No joke. I live on a state route. It's 35 on my section, but traffic hauls at 50 because the 45 section ends less than 1/4 mile from my driveway.
Yeap. I live on a 4 lane divided hwy (used to be a two lane country road 25years ago when I moved here. Speed limit is 45 but the actuall speed is closer to 55. During rush hour, if I'm making a left, I need to "get it up" in a hurry; that's just to get into the center turn lane. I have to ride a mile to get to a two lane (except for the business park accross the highway from me... which, on Saturday morning is desserted and has some awsome corners ) but it's four lane and 55mph in most any direction save that one (and the business park - which is 45 and mostly 5omph in actualality.

While a hot 125 would still do the job the Ninja is better. There are "times" when I wish I had a 500cc+ bike, with a gob of bottom end torque.
Old Guy on a '08 is offline   Reply With Quote