View Single Post
Old December 5th, 2012, 03:18 PM   #33
Tigerpaw
ninjette.org guru

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 '09 Boulevard C50. '08 250r(TOTALED BY DEER)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricomtzjr View Post
Now I am completely pissed. I just bought a '12 250 because of the insurance prices. I had my eye on a white ninja 300, but the deal breaker was the insurance. I am 30 yrs old, clean record over the last 3+ years, 0 years riding experience.

The cheapest I was able to get was through Progressive (via USAA) for about $650/yr. Now, I know that isn't extremely expensive, but was not in my budget for now because I am paying for insurance all at once. The '12 250, I got for $5400 out the door with an 1 year of extended warranty, and insurance was $350/year full coverage.

The funny thing was that I got a quote for a '13 250 and it was the same as a '12. So I don't see why the 300 was so much for me. This is in El Paso, TX.
I know insurance varies wildly for different situations, but damn... I am now paying $84/yr for a new 300 with full coverage at Progressive(via USAA). I am married, 33 y/o, with a no fault bike wreck and 2 speeding tickets. $500 deductible and multibike discount with 4 years experience.