View Single Post
Old December 6th, 2012, 07:58 AM   #1
fordendk
Who's jealous now?

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R 2012

Head Specs for use with Nassert Beet Cam

I am planning to use a Nassert Beet T-1 280 degree duration cam. I have the cam already: http://www.beet.co.jp/english/kawasa...50r/index.html. I am not sure of the complete specs for this cam but have heard it is good.

I already have Yoshimura TMR-MJN 32mm carbs and an Arrow Titanium Street Thunder full exhaust system. I have talked to a couple of mechanics and they seem to recommend port-n-polish. I think this is because they only know how to do this and nothing different (in Indonesia).

I remember RacerX mentioning doing "valve-relieving" in conjunction with this cam to me a while back. What I am looking for is the best specs to modify the head for use with the Nassert Beet T-1 cam.

I have the following questions and would really appreciate RacerX weighing in on this thread as well as anyone else in the know:
  1. Is it better to do port-n-polish, valve-relieving or both of these when using this cam?
  2. If valve-relieving is the recommended way then what should the specs be for this work (i.e. multiple reducing radii and which radius plus how deep etc... an engineering spec' that I can give to the shop would be best)
  3. If port-n-polish is recommended then should the exhaust side of the house also be ported or just the intake side?
  4. Will I need to use an exhaust with bigger headers if I get this work done?

BTW bike use is for street

Last futzed with by fordendk; December 6th, 2012 at 08:27 AM. Reason: added bike usage
fordendk is offline   Reply With Quote