View Single Post
Old December 8th, 2012, 06:35 PM   #2594
menikmati
crash 250, get supersport

Name: Richard

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R SE (Sold 6/9/14), 2009 ZX-6R (Sold 6/25/14), Subaru BRZ

Replaced my clutch plates and springs, that paper gasket is a bitch to get completely off. Used a light application of Yamabond 4 sealant on the 2 points of the cover.

However, the clutch does not fully disengage when the lever is pulled in. I coated each disc with oil before putting them in so I think the problem is with the clutch spring bolts.

According to this picture, in order for the clutch to fully disengage with the lever pulled in, the springs need to compress enough to let the plates separate? So if I tightened down the spring bolts too much, the springs are already compressed too much to the point where the plates will never fully disengage? The clutch pull with the Barnett springs felt WAY more than 10-15% more stiff and slightly longer compared to OEM. Come to think of it, those bolts came off a lot easier compared to when I was tightening them down...

I just put fresh oil and a filter in, I'll take off the clutch cover again tomorrow and re-do the clutch spring bolts without doing a full oil change.