View Single Post
Old December 9th, 2012, 10:44 PM   #37
robertkh100
ninjette.org member

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250(Totaled), 2007 Yamaha R6(Sold), 2013 Ninja 300 Special Edition W/O ABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricomtzjr View Post
LOL, well, not just the $300/yr for insurance. The total cost of the bike plus insurance would have cost me another $1500 in total costs. That wasn't in my buget at that time. I suppose I could have waited, but my aging Ninja500 was making me more impatient.

I have no regrets with buying the 250, fuel injection aside...lol. I'd like a 300, but I don't know if I'd like to get one for my next one, or just move up to a liter bike. For what I am looking for in the 300, I could easily get out of a liter bike (fuel injection/sportier look and feel) and then some.
The 250 is good, but it did need a couple minor updates which the 300 has.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionized View Post
I still am amazed that some people think these bikes are not fast enough for the freeway. Maybe it depends on the freeway? I commute daily on an 04 250 and could regularly maintain 80-90 with a taller gear ratio. The 300 will easily do so, and I'll be doing so once I get further into break-in and put on a 15T front.
I just wanted to be extra sure, and after riding it on the freeway for nearly an hour I am.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minikin_Jo View Post
Whut...is he serious? How does one say "safe" and "travel 100 mph" in the same sentence? (I'm still recovering from my concussion so I can't tell if I'm reading that as serious or a joke.)

I am no insurance expert but, is it possible that the higher rate is because this bike is new and insurance companies don't have an idea/experience/research on riders/accidents/parts?

I just can't fathom why insurance on a 300 would significantly cost more than a 250 otherwise. *shrugs*
It is higher but not a lot. Maybe it's the extra 15 hp? I'm not sure either.
robertkh100 is offline   Reply With Quote