View Single Post
Old December 13th, 2012, 11:24 AM   #3
250rr
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): Cheap Italian Suit. Otherwise known as Dew Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuajcrouch View Post
Congrats on the purchase! You should rip off the front/side fairings and convert the front end into a monster
Thank you, Joshua. I think I'll leave this one as stock as possible. I really like the half-fairing look. Although that would be an interesting project!

It does have a k & n filter, open airbox, homemade loud exhaust (sounds like Mozart) and is actually quite clean. I normally don't like overly loud exhaust. But this. It will be very difficult to quiet it down, which is why I may not!

It doesn't like to turn at slow speed. Turning radius is an absolute joke. I think mostly because of the long wheelbase. This will be a real challenge in the high-density city I live in. It isn't that heavy (399 lbs) but feels like a MUCH larger bike than the Baby Ninja. It doesn't like to go at a slow speed. I will be required to exercise severe throttle control.

However, as Ducati's go, it's quite tame power-wise. But has more power than I will ever need. The good news is the power is quite controllable. Lot's of low-end torque. Not much at the top end. That characteristic is the primary reason I didn't go with the 900cc version.

Let's just say my respect for this machine is great. I'm sure it will always be better than I. (Hell, the Ninja will always be better than I!). I love it, though! No, I'm not going to marry it. That is still illegal in Oregon.
250rr is offline   Reply With Quote