Thread: Stalled
View Single Post
Old December 16th, 2012, 12:03 PM   #14
Joshorilla
Bass Master General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Remove chip from shoulder at any point. The presence or absence of an O2 sensor isn't the be-all and end-all of whether the system is more advanced. Nobody has shared anything about the older 250 system suggesting it was capable of running in closed-loop mode, or doing anything particularly interesting with its O2 sensor. Seeing how there are any number of complaints of the 250's FI system, from poor running to impossible startup in cold weather, it clearly hadn't ironed out all of its bugs throughout its run.
I was quite annoyed / relieved when I discovered the lambda sensor as it means I am able to install a custom exhaust / filter with no mods needed, that's if you listen to the Thai / Indonesian chaps, but I spent so long being told "You have no o2 sensor! The 250 ninja you will need to put a power commander on and install an o2 sensor" by people that by all intents and purposes were guessing, so I wasted a lot of my time after that bad advise.

I've had little to no problem with my fuel injection other than once it started on one cylinder only "no biggie, turned it off and on", and occasionally it over / under revs when it's cold, and the radiator fuse blew causing the light to go on. The fuel economy seems to be much better than the carb'd model.

I would say that in colder countries than mine such as Germany I can imagine you would get problems, my problems only seem to happen in the very cold weather or if it's been raining sideways.

May I suggest seafoam to clean the injectors?
Joshorilla is offline   Reply With Quote