View Single Post
Old December 20th, 2012, 05:48 PM   #36
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Another update on this retrofit. I talked earlier about making a new mounting plate so I could aim it up more. Turns out that's not needed.

I installed some preload spacers in my fork to compensate for the shorter length of the EX500 springs. They made a massive difference, changing my static sag from 2" to about 0.75". This made enough difference in my headlight to get it aimed right where it needs to be. In fact, I may need to aim it a little lower.

Here's how much different my static sag is:

And here's the new aiming of the low beam. The bike is within a foot of the same spot as the other pictures I've taken, and it's on the same stand aimed at the same garage door.

^^ compare this to the HID in oem reflector and the Halogen in oem reflector, and you'll see that it's much closer to where it should be. Still less awesome than it could be because of the dumb lens, but way more controlled and better light than the HID in oem reflector

I still want to do a foreground limiter in the projector, but I'll worry about that in the spring after I wire in my LED halo and get a chance to ride with it as it is. aka, I'll change it if I feel it's necessary to change. So far, I'm still impressed with the bright, even, WIDE light output. I can't wait to ride with it.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.