View Single Post
Old December 25th, 2012, 01:47 PM   #25
CycleCam303
King Hamfist

Name: Cameron

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Crf 150R, 2011 Hypermotard 796

I'm a vertically challenged male. 5' 4" with a 28 inch inseam. So heels aren't going to save me. I wouldn't be caught dead with them. Stock, the supersports are all going to require stretching those legs and balancing on the tippy toes, or just a toe. You won't be able to comfortably maneuver the bike while sitting on it. Backing up to park, or performing ultra slow maneuvers is going to require getting off. The chances of you dropping the bike while not moving are going to go up too. Just more planning ahead that's all.

Go to a dealership and sit on everything you are comfortable with. It will be an eye opening experience and the best to find what you are comfortable on.

I don't understand why people suggest bikes like the FZ6 or the 650 twin offerings from Suzuki and Kawi are shorter. They have wide seats and tall foam for comfort. Which make them even harder for shorties. Plus they carry their weight a bit higher. Sport standards would be a great option once the seat has been shaved or the shorter seat option is installed. The GSXR and the CBR have very similar seat heights which are both pretty low. The ZX6 is a tiny bit taller. The R6 isn't even an option for a street bike. I can't comfortably touch unless I'm hanging off. The Triumph street, speed, and daytona are GREAT. They are super thin and feel similarly sized to the 2008+ ninjettes. The old and newer Ducati's are pretty thin too. But honestly they feel very similar in height to the GSXR.

Unfortunately for the wallet, the newer supersports are light and very compact. I can't touch on a 2001 GSXR (the one that looks like a bumble bee). An F4i is actually pretty short but the one piece seats on the 2004 and up are pretty wide. Hope that helps.
CycleCam303 is offline   Reply With Quote