Old December 27th, 2012, 02:48 AM   #9
nautica
Gixxer Powered

Name: Brett

Motorcycle(s): 2007 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgk View Post
not sold on kevlar jeans yet.

i feel the added external/internal armor would get uncomfortable during the ride, and also the material thickness of the jeans kind of give me pause.

i'm thinking the best choices are high quality mesh textiles like the revit air pants, offer good protection as well as vent, or spend money on good perfed leather.

agree with everyone that you wont escape the heat. i rode in 100 deg high humidity weather with full mesh gear and it worked out ok. i imagine the kevlar jean would have not vented too well.
Yeah I've never rode with strapped on armor so I don't know how uncomfortable it gets after a couple of hours. My thoughts on overpants are that if they're loose enough to fit over pants/shorts then the armor may not stay in place. And I understand you can't escape the heat but I can buy something more comfortable while in it because as I said, my current ones don't breathe much at all and are almost too small for me.

I'm assuming with textile you want to go with cordura, right? I may look into a textile and order a size up so it could be used as an overpant.

These look pretty nice but I've never had Teknic gear.
http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com...l.bok?no=12946

Or how about Joe Rocket gear?
nautica is offline   Reply With Quote